Sing and Sign
Tuesday mornings - beginning in May
Help your baby to ‘talk’ to you before speech! It's easy! It's great fun!
Sing and Sign classes are great fun for babies! The aim is to teach parents signs to use at home to aid and encourage early communication with your child. We learn through music, puppets, props and musical instruments, so it is lots of fun! Learning the Sing and Sign way is gradual and effortless, building week on week. Classes are themed and weekly handouts build into your own comprehensive guide to baby signing.
Babies are welcome from approximately 7 months.
So What is baby signing?
Babies naturally use gestures to communicate before their first words. For example they may point, shake their heads, clap their hands and wave 'bye bye'. Now is the right time to introduce some more gestures. It's easy! Why not try 'milk', 'more', 'change nappy', or 'tired'? Your baby will understand these important words sooner and can use these gestures to 'talk' to you before speech. This is known as baby signing.
What are the benefits of baby signing?
* Helping to understand your baby's needs, thoughts & ideas
* Reducing frustration (for baby and parent!)
* Enhancing early vocabulary and understanding
* Encouraging the development of speech
* Enriching your baby's relationships
* Building confidence and self esteem
* Stimulating your baby's intellectual and emotional development